What is a CRM and which are its benefits?
Nowadays the implementation of a CRM is becoming indispensable for companies.
However, some people are not familiar with this term yet.
Perhaps they know what is it for, but belive that its use is only justified in large companies with bulky budgtes and thousand of customers. But this idea is completly wrong.
This is the reason why, we want to explain you, what a CRM is and what is it for.
Its acronym stands for Customer Relationship Management. Broadly speaking, CRM’s are softwares that help us manage the relationship with customers and leads. They analyze all the interactions and information obtained along the life cycle of each client. For example, if your company worked with a client who returns after two years, CRM’s tool will allow you to have access to everything that you did for the above mentioned client.
This type of tool will allow you to manage your business relationships, unifying the whole process:
- Sales strategies
But… Why should you use a CRM tool?
Essentially, to stop using programs so simple as Excel, where only the most basic data of the customers is stored.
A CRM lets you know:
- What service did the customer buy?
- How did he pay?
- What employee took the account?
- What did the e-mails that you and the client exchanged say?
Which companies should employ a CRM?
Typically, a SME does not believe it’s necessary to use CRM software, mainly because of the high costs that this type of service usually manages, or perhaps due to the small number of employees.
Lately, several CRM tools have emerged and were designed in order to adapt to the budgets of companies that are in a stage of growth in order to help them to be catapulted to success.
Another common mistake is to believe that a CRM is simply a database.
This type of software allows you to synchronize all interactions with the customer and be able to know what is happening at any time. It gives you absolute control of the situation, so you do not leave any loose ends that can lead to trouble, because you have all the information in the same place.
So, the only question left to be answered is…
How can you choose the software that best suits your company?
Each company should look for a CRM that meets their needs, but these qualities can not be missing:
- A tool that can grow as your company does, so you do not have to change the software in case your company increases or decreases in size.
- Cloud: The tool must be accessible from any computer. Today mobility is crucial, so a Saas CRM option (software as a service) becomes essential.
- It must have a free trial time, which allows you to see if the tool is useful without wasting money.
- In the case of a SME, make the implementation system fast and simple, so as not to waste time and money on training employees.
- Shoul be able to be integrated with other tools, such as a Project Management tool.
- Support must be free.